Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good News

Recently, I told you that I am reading the Bible through this year. My son, Pastor John, asked his church to read the New Testament through each month in 2009. That's a lot of reading! And it's reading Good News. Think of the Hidden Treasures one would find with that kind of time invested in God's Word.

Last year, instead of reading the whole Bible, I read the New Testament through once and it encouraged and spoke to me. That was a baby step compared to the giant leap of reading it through every month. If you really want to grow spiritually and learn more about Jesus take the big plunge - read the N.T. every month.

I have observed that the calmest, most relaxed and pleasant years of several people I know were the years they read their Bible daily.

Whichever plan used will bless you!

To meet Pastor John and obtain a reading guide go his website at Lighthouse Christian Center or DailyWhitt.

Order my steps in thy word. Ps. 119:133

[Photo by Jamelah from flickr]

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Jonnie, It's O.K.! I'm O.K., You're O.K., and the challenge son John is throwing down for his people is O.K. - even if it is a very BIG challenge. I challenged members of the last church I pastored (Cedar Hill in East Tennessee) to read their Bible through once in a year - and promised them that, since I was a full time Pastor and probably had more time to read it than they did, that I would read it four times if they read it once. I had 44 members to read it through! Sounds like you taught your son well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Granny has a blog! it's great!!! :)
    -amanda :)

    ReplyDelete