Sunday, February 1, 2009

QUICKSAND

I like to think of the lessons I've learned through the years as treasures. Most of them came from troublesome times. At first the treasures were hidden from me. Later they came to light.

On this blog I'd like to share those Hidden Treasures.

One of the first happened when I was six, stepped into quicksand and slowly sank to my ankles, knees and hips. Each time I put my hand down to push my body up, the earth pulled me further. When I was waist deep and it looked as if the earth would suck my body under and suffocate me in the mud, a man - a stranger - appeared, took my hand and pulled me out.

At first I saw nothing good from that terrifying experience, but later learned two lessons.

First - I should not sneak off without permission.

Second - we all need someone to come along and rescue us, pull us out of our sins that swallow us alive. We are helpless on our own and just keep sinking down in deeper despair. We've stepped into a mess of unrighteousness, can't get out and need a helping hand. For me that helping hand was Jesus Christ.

. . . Call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment